Women who are self-conscious about the look and feel of their most intimate body area often suffer in silence. Many of them do not realize that the physical and emotional discomfort caused by large or unevenly shaped vaginal lips is very common. Northborough plastic surgeon Dr. Cynthia Poulos is pleased to help her female patients feel more comfortable with labiaplasty, a surgical procedure that resizes and reshapes the inner vaginal lips, outer vaginal lips or both.
Who is a good candidate for labiaplasty with Dr. Poulos in Northborough?
Candidacy for labiaplasty is determined on a case-by-case basis. Dr. Poulos will meet with you personally to discuss your concerns and goals. In general, you may benefit from labiaplasty if you experience any of the following:
- Enlarged or misshapen labia lips
- Sagging or lax vaginal structures from childbirth, weight loss or aging
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Physical and emotional discomfort during sexual intercourse
- Irritation, rashes or chafing in the labial area during exercise
- Self-consciousness or embarrassment when wearing tight or form-fitting clothing