Eyelid Lift Surgery Northborough
Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)
Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) improves the appearance of the upper eyelids, lower eyelids, or both.
Our patients report that eyelid surgery is one of our more subtle yet effective facial procedures, taking years off a person’s face while still looking natural. Friends comment to the patient that he or she looks great and well-rested, but cannot pinpoint what’s different.
Eyelid surgery can be performed under local anesthesia in our state-of-the-art surgical suite in-office and be combined with other procedures, particularly a brow lift, to open up the eye area and create a natural, refreshed appearance.
- Upper eyelid surgery can remove excess fatty deposits that appear as puffiness in the upper eyelids.
- Loose or sagging skin that creates folds or disturbs the natural contour of the upper eyelid, sometimes impairing vision, can be treated by eyelid lift surgery.
- Lower eyelid blepharoplasty can remove excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelid.
- Bags under the eyes can be corrected by blepharoplasty.
- Lower eyelid surgery can correct droopiness of the lower eyelids, showing white below the iris (colored portion of the eye).
Good candidates for cosmetic eyelid surgery are:
- Healthy individuals who do not have a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can impair healing
- Individuals with a positive outlook and specific goals in mind for blepharoplasty
- Individuals without serious eye conditions
You must tell your doctor if you have any of these medical conditions:
- Eye disease such as glaucoma, dry eye or a detached retina
- Thyroid disorders such as Graves’ disease and under or overactive thyroid
- Cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure or other circulatory disorders or diabetes