After a PRP treatment, patients may or may not experience slight side effects, such as bruising, swelling, redness, and irritation.
Recovery time for PRP facials is relatively low and varies for each individual. However, most patients will see improvement within the second or third day. Patients can expect a full recovery within one week. While recuperating, limit sun exposure and excessive exercise for at least three days after your treatment.
To achieve the best results from your PRP facial procedure, you must follow the post-care guidelines given by Dr. Poulos. Below are some relevant post-care instructions.
- Take medicine if swelling or pain persists for more than 24 hours.
- Do not rub your face or use exfoliant cleansers for at least three to four days.
- After the facial, sleep on your back with pillows underneath you to elevate your face. Do this for at least three days.
- Do not apply makeup until the next day after treatment.
- Before touching your face, wash your hands with soap and water.
- You should avoid touching your face for at least 6 hours following the procedure.