5 Things You Should Know About Liposuction
As you may know, Liposuction is a procedure that removes body fat deposits that are resilient to your diet and exercise. It is a commonly performed surgical procedure all around the world. People tend to gravitate toward liposuction to help reshape the contours of their body.
If you are interested in undergoing a liposuction procedure there are a few things you should know:
1. Liposuction is most effective when performed on people who have very firm skin with high levels of elasticity. You are not a candidate for liposuction unless you have a BMI of 30% or higher. Having good muscle tone is also recommended as that will help you achieve that greatest level of satisfaction after the procedure has been completed.
2. Modern liposuction tends to involve the use of ultrasound and laser technology. Older liposuction technology involved a hollow tube and a vacuum of sorts, the newer equipment still utilizes a small vacuum to remove the fat deposits, but the fat is dislodged using heat and/or ultrasound vibrations making for a less invasion procedure.
3. After a liposuction procedure, you will likely have some residual discomfort and bruising for a few days. This will pass with time and if the pain is too much for you, your doctor can prescribe pain relievers.
4. Following a liposuction procedure, it is a good idea to lay low for a while and not be too active. In the majority of cases, you should be able to return to work and your daily life inside of a couple days. Your doctor might recommend that you avoid heavy lifting and other strenuous activity such as sports.
5. If liposuction scares you there are less invasive alternatives that help with your bodies contouring. There are a lot of different options out there that involve a variety of different techniques to remove fat such as the use of radio waves, lasers and even exposure to cold. These techniques are effective, but are not capable of replicating the same level of fat removal as a liposuction procedure.