5 Tips for a Smoother, Better Shave
Shaving is an essential part of most people’s lives and yet the majority of people hate shaving. They dislike shaving for a variety of reasons – takes too much time, skins gets irritated, accidentally cut yourself. While shaving can be difficult sometimes, it doesn’t have to be and a lot of this discomfort can be avoided.
Here are 5 tips for a smoother, better shave without the unnecessary discomfort:
1. Hit the showers: Not only is this a great way to keep yourself feeling fresh and smelling great, it moistens up your skin and softens your hair making it easier to cut. This also means you can get an even closer shave
2. Don’t go against the grain: Going with the grain is generally the rule of thumb when you are shaving. When you shave against the grain you are shaving in the opposite direction the hair naturally grows in. Going against the grain can cause ingrown hairs and razor burn.
3. Don’t use alcohol: If the product you apply to your skin after your shave causes a mild stinging sensation, then that likely means there is alcohol in it. Alcohol can cause irritation and also stop your skin from reproducing its natural protective layer. It is recommended that you use something that does not include alcohol, especially if you deal with dry skin on a regular basis.
4. Soft touch goes a long way: Pressing harder doesn’t necessarily mean you are going to get a better shave. It does however mean that you are going to irate your skin and potentially cut yourself, so maybe don’t do that. A light touch might take a little, but your skin will thank you for it later.
5. Clean your tools: Yes, cleanliness is important in almost every facet of everything we do so of course it is important in how we maintain our shaving tools. A dirty razor is not only a hygiene issue, it won’t work as well because the blade is all clogged up with hair shavings. You want a clean shave? Then clean your shaver.