5 Tips For Healthy Skin
It is easy to neglect your skin when life keeps you busy, but you don’t need to take a lot of time out of your day to maintain healthy skin, you just need to master the basics. Living a healthy lifestyle and taking the necessary precautions to protect your skin is essential in delaying the natural aging process of your skin.
Following these 5 tips is a fantastic start on the journey to maintaining healthy skin:
1. Protect your skin from the sun: You may be tempted to go out and tan in the sun, but overexposure to the sun is not only a skin cancer risk, but also a hazard to your skins overall health. Excessive exposure to the sun, causes your skin to develop wrinkles and age spots earlier in life. Using sunscreen that has an SPF value of at least 15, is highly recommended whenever you decide to have some fun in the sun. It is also recommended that you don’t bask in the sun during the peak hours between 10 am and 2 pm.
2. Avoid smoking: Smoking causes your skin to look older and begin to wrinkle earlier. This occurs because smoking narrows your blood vessels in the outer layer of your skin, this causes your blood flow to decrease, which in turn starves your skin of oxygen and nutrients.
3. Be gentle with your skin: It is a smart idea to limit your skins exposure to hot water. Hot water strips the natural oils from your skin, so it is recommended that you don’t always bathe in boiling hot water—sometimes it is a good idea to bathe in warm water.
4. Eat Healthy: Eating healthy can not only help you to feel your best, but also help you look your best. Consider eating fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins. It is suggested that having a vitamin C rich diet that is also low in unhealthy fats helps to reduce acne and promotes more youthful looking skin.
5. Reduce your stress levels: Stress has been known to cause your skin to be sensitive and trigger acne breakouts as well as other skin blemishes. To protect your skin, you should take the necessary steps to reduce your stress levels. One thing you can do to make your days seem less stressful is to not overextend yourself.