5 Top Methods of Ensuring Healthy Skin
Healthy skin is achievable by everyone and doesn’t even require all that much work to acquire and maintain, you just need to be willing to put the extra effort in on a daily basis. It is pretty common knowledge that you should be utilizing sun screen when you go outdoors to protect yourself from the Suns harmful UV rays, but less people know the usefulness of exfoliating creams.
Here are 5 tips to help unsure your skin stays healthy:
- Use minimal amounts of makeup – Look, we all use it! I get it, but the degree at which we use it can have a direct impact on our skins health. While makeup does make our skin shine and look beautiful, it traps dirt underneath on our skin and clogs our pours. Don’t go throwing all your makeup our, but ensure that you aren’t using it every day all day and when you aren’t using it—make sure you are applying moisturizer and letting your skin breath.
- Clean your face – This is pretty common knowledge and I’m sure you have heard this before, but the importance of this can’t be emphasized enough—make sure you are cleansing your pores at night before you go to bed. It is important to give your skin a proper cleaning at the end of the day, especially if you are a regular makeup user. If you don’t cleanse your skin properly then your pores will become clogged and pimples will start popping up all over your face.
- Don’t go outdoors without sunscreen – The suns UV rays are incredibly harmful to your skin and this can’t really be said enough times. Even on a cloudy day the suns UV rays are a danger to your skin. Make sure you are applying sunscreen that is SPF 30 or above to keep your skin protected. Too much sun exposure will burn your skin and cause long term damage, as well as increase your risks of developing skin cancer.
- Exfoliate your face – It is recommended that you exfoliate your face at least two times per week. This helps to open up your pores and remove any dirty caked in them, which in turn reduces your acne breakouts, whiteheads and blackheads. Using an exfoliator will also help give your skin a better natural shine, which looks more youthful.
- Don’t forget to moisturize – This is one step that is easily forgotten by many as life becomes increasingly busier, but it is important to regularly moisturize your skin, especially after every shower or bath. It is a smart idea to keep some moisturizer by your bed at night as a reminder to moisturize before you go to sleep. Moisturizing before bed allows your skin plenty of time to absorb the moisture.