Sculptra is a volumizing dermal filler that is designed to restore fullness to your facial features and correct wrinkles, fine lines, and nasolabial folds. Its injectable formula has a unique active ingredient, poly-L-lactic acid, which is a synthetic gel made of the same lactic acid that can be found naturally in the body. The formula works to regenerate collagen, nature’s skin-firming protein.
What is the recovery time?
After your Sculptra treatment, you should be able to go about your day. However, you may experience some redness, tenderness, pin prick marks, and swelling in the treated areas, which should all dissipate after a few days.
Additionally, these are some aftercare instructions you should follow to assist with recovery:
- Do not wear makeup for the first 24 hours after your treatment.
- For two days after your treatment, you should avoid exposure to the sun, extreme
- temperatures, and alcohol since these could all slow down the healing process.
- Do not take aspirin for the first 48 hours after your treatment.
- If you notice any bumps that remain four to six weeks after your treatment, contact our office.